Friday, May 16, 2008

The English Language According to Tatum and Eden


I have been trying to compile a list of "cuteness" words that my kids have made up. I think I might have enough to make a post worth while.


"Pepper Coke" : This is probably not too hard to figure out. The funny thing is now David and I

Refer to Dr. Pepper as "pepper coke." (Courtesy of Tatum)


"Chicken Land": This refers to one of our favorite places to eat.....Kentucky Fried Chicken.

(Courtesy of Tatum)


"Glittering" : What you are doing when you throw trash (or cigarettes) out your window.

(Courtesy of Eden)


"Bridge-ledges": This is what is taken away when you don't finish your chores or throw a fit.

(Courtesy of Tatum....while "lecturing" Eden on the importance of cleaning.)


"Chunk-a-cheese": Again, not to hard to figure out. My favorite is when they refer to "Chunk"

himself. :) (They both use this one!)


""Puter": This is the computer. Favorite website is "nockin".com (Noggin).

(Tatum again.)


"Boobie-Bathingsuit": This is any bathing suit that has either a triangle-shaped top or a bikini.

We are pretty strict on bathing suits.....easy to say no now, than when

they are 16 and wanting to prance around in a string! :) This is great until

we are around other children who are allowed to wear such "boobie suits"

to swim....it can get embarrassing when my kids point it out. (Tatum!!)


"Favrick": This is what I use to make purses, drapes and sometimes their clothes! (Fabric)

(Courtesy of Eden.)


"Storm-ado": This is what has had us in hiding on a weekly basis the last 4 months.

(Courtesy of Eden) Actually a pretty accurate name for it! :)


:Hal-ley Dishelle": Our good friends baby girl. Her real name is Hadley Michelle.

(Courtesy of Eden)


"O-gur-rat": This actually has two definitions

1. Yogurt

2. Refers to the cartoon "Rugrats"


"to-ma-to": (Imagine in a very British accent) You guessed it...the red veggie/fruit that we eat.

(Tatum again.)


"Bammed": This is what happens when you play around at bedtime and fall out of bed...you bam

your head on the dresser.

(They both use it.)


"Mister-sippy": This would be the last state we lived in. (Mississippi...Just in case you didn't

know.) (Tatum again.)


"Lift-gloss": What you put on your lips to make them shiny. (Eden's!)


"Ober-awl": Another two definition word. ( I don't see the similarities at all! :))

1. bra

2. Overalls


"Boppie": The name of Eden's (very sad looking) stuffed rabbit.


"Wessilin Sizzlin": Western Sizzlin (Tatum!)


That's all for now...I will periodically update as new words are added to the repertoire.


What funny names do you have around your house??? Please share!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Funny that you made this post because I have been working on some words that Easton says as well. I can't seem to remember them when I sit down to type so I haven't posted it yet. I am hoping I remember more.

These were precious! I love the pepper coke and chicken land. That is too cute! I also love Mister Sippy. I thought it was her sippy cup at first. Too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Aw those were so cute!! :-D Thanks for sharing. :)

Our favorites are Monkstash (Mustache) by James and Flumb (Thumb) by Evie :)

~Heather