Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I went for a second opinion to another doctor...my NEW doctor....and he said that he wasn't sure why the last doctor would scare me to death like he did...but I do NOT have cancer and I do NOT need to have surgery. Chock another one up to God!!!!
Thank you for all the prayers on my behalf...and the cards, calls and hugs. You will never know how comforting they were!
So it's back to life as usual...running and gunning! (Hence the month and a half delay in updates!)
Friday, July 24, 2009
It's easy to ask my prayer warrior friends for prayers of others that I know, but this time I have a prayer request for me. Yesterday afternoon, I went for my yearly exam. During the pap exam they found a mass. The doctor continued with the exam but has asked me to come back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound so that he can look in my uterus for any more polyps or masses. Two of the three scenarios he gave me required surgery.....not really my thing! :) Naturally, I fear the worst, but I am trying really hard to let God have my worry so I can focus on being the mommy and wife my family needs me to be. I promise to update you when I get more news. But for now, all I ask is that you add me and my family to your prayers. Thank you for lifting me up to our Father...the Great Healer!!!
Monday, July 6, 2009
This is the formal living room. The fireplace wall goes straight up to the ceiling. (About 18 feet!! It was scary up there while painting! EEK!
This is the master bath...it's still not put together! :) We use the sink in the hall bath for now! Time....just don't have enough of it! :)This is my FAVORITE room....my closet! :) A place for everything and everything in it's place!!!!
This is my favorite wall of my closet! :) Haha! Love my shoes!!!
Tatum's Room...her room is BRIGHT!!! But it's her! :)
Eden's room! You can't tell from this picture, but her room is pink and brown hounds tooth....and it's always a mess. :)
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
1.WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No my mom made up my name...just ask her ! haha!
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Two nights ago...watching "Because I said So."
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I worked really hard for it to look nice...I'm a lefty.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? honey ham...cold!
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Two girls
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I'd probably
think I was a snob until I got to know me...that's what usually happens. :)
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Nope..never...absolutly not.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Once upon a time I would have...and almost did..but not now.
My brain grew in.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cinnamon Life ..Mmmmm.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No
12.What's the first thing to pop into your head? My car needs a bath...inside and out.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Chocolate chip cookie dough
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their teeth...hate gross teeth.
15. RED OR PINK? Both..together even!
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Temper
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? All my friends from the past that I lost touch with.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Denim jeans and white tennis
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The gas well behind the house. Too bad it's not mine.....$$$$
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Redish-orange...I'm sure there is a name....
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? I can't smell, so nothing! :)
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? David
23. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Gymnastics, Ice Skating
24. HAIR COLOR? Dark brown
25. EYE COLOR? green
26. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope
27. FAVORITE FOODS? Pizza, Orange juice, pierogi's with cheddar and potato..yummmm.
28. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? No scary for me...Happy endings every time!
29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Because I Said So
30. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Bright yellow...thought it might help with the mood today !:) ( I was dealing with tax people!)
31. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer
32. FAVORITE DESSERT? Strawberry Cheesecake...with LOTS of strawberries.
33. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? None, but I just finished Confession of a
Shopaholic....it was alright. I hope the movie is better.
34. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? No mouse pad
35. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? The Office, Flight of the Concords, big
Love (No Superbowl graced our screen! :))
36. FAVORITE SOUND(S): laughing babies, ocean waves crashing along the side of a cruise ship, bird chirping...and a cash register! :)
37. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Blah.....
38. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Bahamas
39. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? decorating, singing & scrapping
40. WHAT SHOULD YOU BE DOING? picking Tatum up from school....gotta go!!!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
-Our house is getting there. We hit a lull during deer season and the holidays, but we seem to have regained our momentum. We have garage doors now, that I happen to LOVE. And we have most of our house sided. We still have to go pick out our brick for the bricked parts, but that can't get bricked up till next month anyway...so we aren't stressing about that yet. Hopefully, next week we will be able to insulate and shortly after drywall. Whew! Can't wait!
-Our kids are still getting big. We started Upward Cheerleading this week. Because of the lack of volunteers, David and I both ended up coaching. David has a boys basketball team....which I think is weird b/c we don't have ANY boys or basketballs players. And until Tuesday afternoon, I was the coach for 2 cheerleading squads....17 girls. Also funny because I was never a cheerleader. Luckily a friend felt called to take half of them off my team and form another one. YEAH ROBIN!!!! So now I am down to 9. That I can handle. I feel sorry for the poor little girls who think they are going to learn how to be a cheerleader!!! A cheerleader...I am not.
-Christmas. Our family spent another year at Camp Takodah. It was great. We stayed in The Pines for 4 days. It was such a good relaxing time. We got to hike, eat, horseback ride, eat, sleep, eat.....and the best part was eatting. Did I mention we ate? The highlight of the week was finding out my little brother, Travis, and his wife, Stephanie, are going to have a baby! So around August there will be another McMillion! It was such a great Christmas. My camera was broken so I am relying on others to send me pictures....so far I have nothing. ;)
-New Years......we didn't do anything big. We went to a friends house and played Loaded Questions for hours and hours and hours. It was fun...and we even stayed up! (That's a first for 4 years!)
-Well that's all for now! Stay tuned...when I get pictures I will post them....HINT HINT HINT...family! :)