Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Death Defying House.....What????


As you have heard, we are in the midst of building a house. (No easy feat for those of you pondering this idea!) Anyhoo, I was googling Craftsman style houses because that is my favorite style of home. I ran across thousands....maybe millions....of wonderful hits. And then I ran across this......




This architect couple claims to have designed a home that won't let you die. It is the craziest "thing"....home......I have ever seen. They say that a home is supposed to make you UNcomfortable and therefore make you press on to live longer. To me it looks like something I pay good money to take my kids to for an afternoon of energy burning so they will sleep good that night. But, what do I know! :) I DO know that I prefer flat floors and a normal chairs. And I am a huge fan of color, but maybe not these.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I watched this video. Weird!! It does look like a fun place to visit, but I NEED my comfort. I couldn't live in a place like that!

By the way, what stage of building are you guys in? Planning, breaking ground, studs?

Bethany said...

I know...I need comfort too!

We are still getting all the "lines" to the house...water, phone, electric..etc...
Also, we are still waiting on the floor plans...I think I mentioned in a post that our plans grew to 5000 sqft!!! So we were having to downsize a tad! :)hehe! They are still a smidge bigger than I had wanted but.... hey my kids will grow too! And I would rather thier friend hang out at our house than somewhere else. :) Planning ahead! Anyway...we are on standby to digging the basement...everything is ready to go just waiting on the measurements. Very exciting/stressful times! I have been taking pics...but...that darned USB cord. Wow this comment is more like a post. OH well..it's mine! :)HA! Thanks for the comment..I like to know people are reading!

Bethany said...

I meant "friends" (plural)...They have more than one! hahaha! They really are pretty nice kiddos!