Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'll Fly Away.....In the morning.

Sometimes I wish that I could just set up a hidden camera on my row at church. Because David is preaching, I am on my own during church. Many times I have to remind my girls to sit down and don't wisper...wispering is generally louder than talking with them. But sometimes, in those sweet moments I catch them worshiping our God just as if they were just small adults. Well, today was NOT one of those days, however, I got a good little chuckle at Eden.

We began to sing "I'll Fly Away" and her little face lit up because she knows that song very well. Because we were standing while we sang (it was "the song before the lesson" you know! It's scriptural!) she tugged on my shirt, and in the most grown up voice a four year old with a lisp can use, she said, "Oh mama, I know this song, I have been singing it for years." Then she turned back towards the front and began singing again. I laughed to myself. She is such a funny kid.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Just a correction....I realized that my "H" key got stuck when I was typing Whisper. Sorry! That's what I get for not spell checking! OoPS!