Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pillow Talk with God

Last night Tatum was messing around at bedtime and I told her she had one chance to say her prayers with me. ( She ususally tries to talk and ask me a gazillion questions to avoid sleeping!) Well, I said my prayer with her...and as ususal she began to jump around. So I told her she was on her own and I left the room. I hung around a minute to make sure she settled down. Not only did she lay down, she said her OWN prayer. It went a little like this....

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the day and the rain.
Thank you for Eden Grace, and Daddy. Thank you for letting me
have Upward and next year I want to cheerleading again so make sure the First
"Baftish" doesn't go down in a tornado. Thank you for my mama and letting me be
her kid. Help me to be good and not go to hell. Please let mama have a baby. Amen.

I thought it was the sweetest prayer....and funny all at the same time. I especially like the "help me to be good and not go to hell" part. It's always a little shocking when she uses the word "hell" in it's right context. But I am glad that she (and Eden both) knows how serious hell is, and that they want to avoid it! Makes one part of my job a little easier.

I love to hear my children pray. I especially love that the majority of thier prayers consist of THANKS to God. Can we say the same?

PS: Oh yeah, There will NO more babies!!!! :) (Sorry Kid!)

1 comment:

Shelley said...

That is the most precious thing I have read in a very long time. I love little children's prayers. They are so honest and sincere. Good for her for doing it on her own and good for you for teaching her how to pray. That is wonderful!!!!