Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cook Adventure Continues.....

The Latest Happenings:

* The people we were house sitting for (This time) came home earlier than we thought. They lived in their driveway (in an RV) for a couple days while we looked for a new place to perch. They told to stay all the time we needed, but they have been gone for 2 months and we knew they were ready to get back into their home. Sooooo....... the girls and I have moved to Searcy for a small time. We are staying with my sister and her family while David is back in Clinton trying to find somewhere for us to live. :) (He is sleeping on the couch of a REALLY good friend! This is not a problem for the two of them because they will probably stay up late every night watching movies and pretending they aren't both married!) hehe!

*Our house. I am beginning to think that we really aren't trying to build a house and that we are just talking about it. We STILL don't have our plans from our architect. We are going on 2 months of a two week project for him. We are about to be really behind schedule because of him and that isn't making anyone happy. Oh well. We wouldn't be building if it were going smoothly right? :)

* Last weekend we went to an auction for a lighting company that went out of business. We managed to get the majority of our lighting for $103!!! Yeah for bargains! I love finding a good buy!

*Our parenting book is on the back burner. We had a great week last week with the miracle book. However, with us being "dwelling challenged" at the moment, it's been a little difficult for all of us to stick to all the "rules" of life outlined in the book. When we get settled in somewhere, we will make Dr. Leman proud!!! Stay tuned.

*Watch out for ticks!! My sister, Lindsay, found out yesterday that she has Lyme's Disease. She was begging for death a few days ago while running a 102-ish fever. She was still running it three days later and decided to go to the doctor. We are glad she did. A few days on anti-biotics has done her some good and now she is feeling better. Still tired, but better. Crazy thing is she doesn't ever remember having a tick. Weird.

*God is good. Even though I am currently as flustered and stressed as I have I ever been, I can still sit back and see God working. Whew.....what if I didn't? I can't even imagine!!! :)

* I hope that you are finding all the little things in everyday that God sends your way. Talk to him about it!

* I just said a little prayer for everyone that reads this post.

No comments: