Thursday, June 12, 2008

M-I-C-K-E-Y......M-O-U-S-E!!!!!

Last night we had our Father's Day dinner with the family. We went to Colton's in Searcy. I was so excited about this because this year we had a great gift for my Dad. I have mentioned before that we planned a cruise and Florida trip last year for this August. Well it turned into us meeting my parents in Orlando with the kids and us all going to Disney World. We were all going to drive. This wasn't going to be so bad for the me, David, Lindsay and Steve. We were going on a cruise and didn't have 4 small kids riding with us. However, for my parents, they were driving down for 3 days and driving back with 4 small kids. Yuck. So we (being the 4 "cruising" adults) decided we would surprise my parents with plane tickets for them and all the kids for Father's Day. Now we are all flying round trip....and all 10 of us are on the same return flight together!!! Yeah! We are so excited now!! We will have more time for fun and less time traveling!

It was so worth the surprise! My parents both got misty eyed! My mom actually said, "Gone are the days of tacky ties!" We figured out that this is our first REAL family vacation. Where we aren't going to a reunion or funeral or wedding....or anything. Just going for fun!!! Whaaa HOOO!
50 more days till we leave!!! Mickey Mouse here we come! Brace Yourself!

No comments: