Monday, October 13, 2008

The One that Got Away!


I don't typically consider myself as the hunting type. Never been a huge fan of camo, unless it was pink. I don't fancy sitting in the woods with a gun NOT talking for hours at a time, just in case a deer walks by. Not my cup of tea.


However, today my blood started pumping as I saw that buck in front of me. It was literally only 3 feet in front of me. He had a head FULL of antlers....I didn't count the points but there were more than several. He was a huge buck and I was anxious. How fun to have my first deer a massive one. I would have definitely mounted the head and hung it over my fireplace...even though I'm not into that type of thing. It would be a real topic of conversation.


Much to my amazement....he got away. And I remained in control of the car and kept on driving.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

HaHa...You're funny! :)

Bethany said...

Thanks! I try! :) IT really was a big one! :) hahaha!