Monday, October 6, 2008

House Update!

This is the landing at the top of the stairs. We are going to make a little sitting area with bookshelves. This was an afterthought. Because I have never designed a whole house before, I underestimated the size of a "landing." This one could double as a small room! :)


This is the living/dining room view from the kitchen. If you'll notice, the fireplace is framed up in the center of the room as a divider. It goes all the way to the roof (about 15 feet?).

This is MY closet! :) Enough said! I love it! There is a 6ftx6ft window in it...only because we were trying to balance out the windows in the front...but BONUS for me!


This is the front of the house. They are still working on the porch. (There are 2 dormers.)



This is another view from the front. We still have lots of clearing to do with the trees, but we need to get the wood from the ones we have already cut under control first! :) Who knew?



Well, stay tuned! I will post more pictures when I get them! These were taken this afternoon, so these are THE most up-to-date that I have! I am getting more excited as the days go by. We are hoping to be in the house by December. It's going to be a hustle to do it, but I am motivated! :) It's officially been one year "homeless." I am ready to be in my OWN house. :)

3 comments:

Stacy said...

HOW exciting!!! :) It will be so nice to be in your own house after so much moving around! It looks like it's going to be beautiful!

It's amazing how quickly things can progress when the people you've hired are actually, um, working!!! :)

I love your new blog look! So much brighter! :)

Shelley said...

WOW!!!! I can't believe how much is done! I know you are so excited. It is going to be wonderful! I can't wait to come see it in person. Maybe a heart group reunion at Christmas?!?

You are so very blessed!

Bethany said...

If we are in the house by Christmas...we will for SURE have a reunion!! :) I would love it!
I laugh just thinking about the last reunion ......
...beep...beep..beepbeepbeepbeep...HONK! hahaha!
I miss all of you.