Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Off to the theatre!!!

My mom went on a field trip with her class a few weeks ago to go see If You Give A Mouse A Cookie at the Little Rock Arts Center- Children's Theatre. She was so excited that she called me, while still on the field trip, to tell me that she was buying tickets and she was bringing the grandkids. So she did. For crowd control I decided that I was going to go too. When the ticket buying was done, David and Steve were going too! ROAD TRIP!! So we loaded up in the Trailblazer and headed to Little Rock.

When we got there I just laughed because we were rubbing elbows with the "creme de la creme" of stay at home moms in LR. All the Jack and Sally's running around with thier finest theatre attire on. I turned and looked at my kids and they were pretending to be "art" on the sidewalks....striking poses and such. It was REALLY funny. ( I have some adorable pictures of that too!! Darn USB cable!)

Right before they let us into the theatre, they had a "craft" for the kids to do. It was decorating a cookie. I am not sure if any of the cookies made it into mouths though. Icing, sprinkles, candy toppings....oh my. Too cute!

Anyway, we got into the theatre and got perfect seats. Front and center! The set was so cute in that it made you feel like you were a mouse on the floor and the kitchen was HUGE. The whole show was just a little over an hour...and I don't think any of the kids blinked the whole time. It was the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. Then after the show they had a question and answer period for the kids in the audience to ask questions. Piper, my niece, asked a question....."Can I hug the mouse?" Of course the answer was yes, and she got to go up on stage and hug the mouse. Precious. When we were leaving, my girls got on stage and I got a really cute picture of them with the mouse. (Again....USB!) I loved this show! It has made me want to keep track of the Children's Theatre schedule and go to all of them! :)

The next show is Ramona Quimby......I LOVE RAMONA! I grew up reading all about Ramona and her big sis Beatrice! I can't wait!

If I find the cable I will post the pics! So cute!!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh that sounds like soo much fun. I wish I could have seen it with you all. I look forward to seeing those pics when you get them up.

Diana Lynn said...

Bethany,
Stuff came up and I couldn't make the sale...glad to hear you'll just bring all the leftovers to my house next week :-)
Went to know more about the "cookie" production and when the next one is...my granddaughter who's a little diva will love it !