Friday, April 4, 2008

BIg Sale Weekend!

Today was the first day of my two day "What's left of Palazzo" sale. I really didn't know how many people would actually show up for several reasons:
1. It's still too soon after the tornado and most people are still in recovery mode.
2. The icky weather.
3. I forgot to advertise....I know Marketing Minor and I forget advertisement! Duh.
(Well , I did have one VERY small ad in the local paper...once.)
4. It was at a bank and not the normal shop.

For all those reasons I had NO idea what to expect. Nor did I realize how much "stuff" I still had left. When the shop was being packed I had 20 people or more helping me pack and haul it off to storage. So what I actually packed didn't seem all that much. Also, I have done several trunk shows since the storm that got rid of a LOT of merchandise. However, when we were unloading yesterday, it kept coming and coming and coming. ( I was worried we wouldn't have enough room!) Alas, this morning at 8:45, the doors were opened and people flocked in and opened their wallets and their trunks!!! I sold SOOOO much stuff today. I am so happy. I have had several sweet customers actually pray over the merchandise and ask God to send people to buy it all up so I didn't have to pack it up and stress over it anymore. The nice thing is I believe that He will do it. What doesn't sell this weekend will be going to the Consign and Design Sale in Judsonia next weekend. ( A little plug for that one! It will be good!!) I am so grateful that God gave me this store. I have met some wonderful people along the way and have formed lasting friendships because of it. It was so nice after two months of not seeing anyone...today I got to catch up, shed a few tornado tears with friends who lost it all, and laugh about how now they are buying Christmas stuff in April when they don't even have a roof over their heads! :) I love my customers. I will miss seeing them in the store all the time, but now I get to see them at Walmart and stop and chit chat! ;)

I guess tomorrow will be just as fun! Yeah!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Praise the Lord, Bethany. God is so good! He is our Provider. I am thankful with you that you were able to sell so much.