Friday, April 25, 2008

The Best Kind?

Today is Friday...the favorite day in the Cook house. Friday's are great because the girls don't have school, David is off work and we get to play pretty much all day. Well, since the tornado most Friday's have been full of relief effort stuff (even though it has slowed down considerably! :)). Today is no different. David had to go to the church to take care of the car that was bought for a lady who lost hers in the storm. Both the girls wanted to go with him of course, and because Iwas doing the dirty job of paying bills and doing laundry, David agreed that they could go with him. Tatum got all excited and said, "Mom, you get to be a stay at home mom with no kids today.....that's the best kind!!!" I just laughed at her. She has such a way with words! But now, I sit ....and it's awfully quiet. Is it the best kind? Sometimes. ((hehe!))

4 comments:

Stacy said...

It's not the best time....but it is almost the only job with no sick days or vacation!

I think that I have physically been in my house without children in it simultaneously only 3 or 4times in 3 years!!! :) WOW!

Stacy said...

oops...meant best 'kind'! :)

Shelley said...

I love being a stay at home mom. I do occasionally feel like I am losing my mind, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I find it a necessity though to have those days where I go out with friends with no children or can pass them onto my mom for a night out with Mat. Without that, I would go crazy!! : )

Stacy said...

You guys ok?? You didn't get another tornado in all those storms, did you??? Post so we'll know what's going on!