Sunday, January 20, 2008

Shop-a-holilcs

Since funny stories about kids are way to hard to resist...I have a doozy for you.

I was reminded of a few weeks ago when my kids were up at Palazzo with me for the afternoon. I was busy in the China room (which is off limits for them) trying to rearrange for Spring merchandise and all my new brides that are registering. I could hear Tatum and Eden in the other part of the store playing..."Store." Tatum was the "checker lady" and Eden was the customer, collecting the must have items from around the store and making a pile on the counter next to the register. ( This is actually very irritating for me b/c I then have to put everything back in it's place later..but this time it was okay b/c I was busy and didn't have to entertain them!) So, David calls and says he is ready to go eat lunch. I drop what I am doing to get them bundled up in their coats and into the car. As I walked behind the front counter I see my company debit card sitting out just next to the credit card machine. I didn't think to much of this at first b/c they have never tried to use it. Well......................this time was different. I didn't see any receipts but I decided to "print last transaction" on the machine. Boy was I glad I did. They had charged $819.73 to my card. I couldn't do anything but laugh. I mean ...they figured out all the steps. Who knew?

This just solidifies that they will never get a credit card from us!!!

2 comments:

Jamey said...

Oh my! What little shoppers they are! It's good that you can laugh about it because it's really funny. (Maybe not so much at the time...)

Bethany said...

It even was at the time.... though I had to compose myself during the lecture of how credit cards and machines are off limits and not toys...yada yada yada!!