Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What I've Been Up To!







So, Christmas time is especially busy for me. I get lots of requests for tote bags, purses and diaper bags. This year is no different. In the last 3 weeks I have made 38 bags, 4 tuffets, 9 baby blankets, 10 pillows, 3 table runners and panels of curtains for 14 rooms. I have been a very busy lady. I love to do it though, I am a crafty girl for sure and would quite possibly die if something ever happened to my hands. It's such an awesome outlet that I thank God for all the time. I am blessed to be able to make money doing what I love and still be able to be a stay at home mom! Yeah GOD! :) I'm blessed for sure!













3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my word!!! Those are stinkin amazing!!!!! I'm very impressed :-D

Jamey said...

I wish we lived closer so I could learn from you. I am lucky to have my grandmother's fancy smancy sewing machine, but I know there are sooo many things about it that I don't know how to use.

Your things are beautiful! Do you sell things through word of mouth, or how else do you advertise?

Bethany said...

Thanks for the compliments! :) It's fun to see something that I made walking around town.. :)

Jamey, I am sure if you just spend some time playing on the machine just fguring out what it does, you will be suprised at what you can do. My first sewing machine didn't have an owners manual. SO I spent a few days (and LOTS or trial and error) just seeng what it did.

As far as advertising goes, most of it is word of mouth...that's the best...I carry one of my purses and lots of business cards so when people ask or mention my bag, I tell them I make them and give them a card! :) Secondly, I have added my bags (and sometimes other stuff) to silent auctions and ladies days for door prizes. That way it's free exposure. Actually this year the HS had a Pie Auction as a fundraiser and my purse went for over a $100! :) (((Warm Fuzzies)))
I have been making bags for awhile and it's really just now beginning to take off. Keep on trucking...sooner or later it will take off! :) (You have great stff!)