Thursday, November 27, 2008

All together now......(((SIGH)))



This is my new favorite book, movie, and dream! I wonder where Edward was when I was 17?



Three years ago a friend of mine handed me the Twilight book to read. She told me that I would fall in love with the main character and that I HAD to read it. I asked her what it was about and she told me vampires. "Whatever." I thought. I am NOT reading this book. So, I did the polite thing and took it, let it ride in my car for two weeks and then tried to give it back. She asked me afew questions and realized that I didn't read it. She told me she wasn't going to take it back until I read at least a little bit of it. I agreed. I read the first two chapters and was hooked....bad.
I spent the next three years waiting for the next books to come out. Only to read them in one day. (Did I mention that they are each over 500 pages?) Then I heard that a movie was being made....holy moly.
Well the day finally arrived...opening night of Twilight. And yes, I was one of the weirdo people that stood in line for HOURS to get tickets. 6 hours to be exact. I got to the theatre at 12:30pm and at 6:15pm they finally opened the doors and announced that there were only 70 tickets left for the late show. Lindsay, my mom and I rushed the ticket counter and got 3 of the final tickets!!!! VICTORY! We had to create the "human wall" from all the smitten 13 year olds. It was fun.
The movie was 2 hours long and I promise it only felt 10 minutes. I am excited for it to be out on DVD. ( I WILL own it.) I recommend it to everyone....
Warning: It is full of vampires and geared towards adolescents....but keep an open mind..it's great! And boyfriends and husbands WILL get jealous...how can they live up to a guy who is fast, good looking, rich, strong and spending eternity trying to read your mind and give you everything you ever wanted? :)
Go see it!



1 comment:

Carris Family said...

Get stinkin' outta here! You are HYSTERICAL! The teens in our youth group have been pestering me like crazy to read these books...I think they are crazy! I will admit I am somewhat curious about all the hype and what the girls are reading, but I haven't been persuaded yet! Molly