Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I'm Walking!!"


This morning, Eden woke up a little left of center. She didn't want to wear anything SHE had, she didn't want anything for her snack that we had in the pantry, she didn't want what I fixed for breakfast, she didn't want to brush her hair with the only brush that we could find, she didn't want to wear shoes that matched...but the funniest thing of all was she DID want to WALK to school.
Now, to some that might not be a big deal. However, we live far away. It takes us 30 minutes (ONE WAY!) to get there. Without even a hesitation, David and I called her bluff and told her to start walking. So she did.
About 3 minutes passed and Tatum was going NUTS! She was so worried that someone was going to "pick her up" that she went running out the door screaming for Eden to get back in the house.
(At least I know that my "Stranger Danger" brainwashing is working...well at least on Tatum!)
Eden came back to the house waiting for us to lecture her. But, we didn't. She found reasons to stay. Bathroom, brush her teeth...again, make her room up and to try and convince Tatum to walk with her.
When David announced that it was time to leave, she took off running in a dead sprint down the drive way. I watched from the window until I couldn't see her anymore. David followed behind in the car. I have to admit that my stomach was a little floppy. My "Stranger Danger" brainwashing has convinced me too that there are NO good strangers! :) I had to call David and make sure he was still following her....he told me he wasn't stupid, and that she finally did get in the car.
I think that we threw her for a loop by calling her bluff. Next time...I say she walks the whole way. (6-10 miles....David and I can't agree how far it actually is!)
What a morning!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

All I can say is "Whew!". Bless your heart!