Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bahamas

David is showing off where we took our daily naps! I love the Sundeck!!!





I have mentioned for the last few months that we were planning a trip to Nassau, Bahamas via a cruise. Well....we finally made it!!!


We left from Ft. Lauderdale on August 2nd. We headed out on the Regal Empress across the big blue. (And yes, it is Big and Blue...to quote Nemo!) I wasn't sure how I would do with the whole sea-sick part of the boat, but luckily Dr. Murphy saved the day and called in some patches for me to wear! They were lifesavers!! I recommend them to anyone!


We had a great trip. It was fun to relax and hang out on the sundeck. David and I took a nap two days in a row on the very top of the boat. Talk about relaxing....the waves crashing and a few seagulls...(they follow the boat!) squawking. Ahhh........


We arrived at Nassau Sunday morning. I have to be honest and say that I wasn't blown away with it. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVED Atlantis. If we were to ever go back to the Bahamas, I would go there. It is a self-contained city within a building. (We actually went back to the beach there!!) We saw Micheal Jordan's "suite"....that is more like a 5000 sqft house. I would love to stay there. And I can for the tune of $30,000 per night. So, I guess I will be wishing a while.








6 comments:

Stacy said...

Man...Awesome that you got to go!! :)

Heather said...

How fun!! I love cruises! I'm so glad you had a good time!!!

Shelley said...

Hey girl!!! I am so glad that you guys had a good time. What fun!!! Wasn't the water in the Bahama's so clear? Mat and I went a few years ago on a very short cruise and I was just amazed by the water. Those naps on the sun-deck sound so wonderful!!

Bethany said...

Yes, the water was very clear. Actually, when we were leaving the Straw Market there was a girl who jumped into the ocean off the wall next to the sidewalk. I thought it was only 3-4 feet deep because I could see the sand at the bottom...I was wrong, it was like 10-15 feet. She just kept going down, down, down! :) I think it caught her off guard too! It was funny! What must they think when they come to the states? "Those Americans are gross...look at their water!" hahaha!

Bethany said...

Yes, the water was very clear. Actually, when we were leaving the Straw Market there was a girl who jumped into the ocean off the wall next to the sidewalk. I thought it was only 3-4 feet deep because I could see the sand at the bottom...I was wrong, it was like 10-15 feet. She just kept going down, down, down! :) I think it caught her off guard too! It was funny! What must they think when they come to the states? "Those Americans are gross...look at their water!" hahaha!

Bethany said...

Have no idea why it posted twice! Sorry!