Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Whirwind Week!

I don't believe that I have stopped to sit down for more than 5 minutes in the last week. It is all beginning to be a really big blur so I will post.

Last Thursday we loaded up in the car and headed to Clarksville, Tennessee for a "family reunion" on David's side. Turns out it wasn't really a family reuinon but an attempt at one. There was only about 9 people there. I wasn't a very happy camper...But, anyway, because we were starting VBS on Sunday evening, and I was the one in charge of decorating the autitorium, we had to be back to decorate on Saturday....this meant that we had to leave TN on Friday afternoon. (If you are keeping up with the math....this left us in TN for a little under 18 hours. With 14 of driving. Double Ugh.) Friday afternoon as we got into the car it donned on us that we weren't going to be able to see any fireworks. Well, we can't have that. So I "flew" back as fast as I could on Hwy 64 (yes..the boring part b/t Searcy and Memphis) and I didn't even get stopped. We pulled into Harding at exactly 9:00 pm on the nose. We sat down just in time to see the fireworks. Yeah! We hopped back into the the car just to drive the remainder of the trip home. The next morning we were all up at the crack of dawn to decorate. (The church looks great! :)) And now we are on the throws of VBS. Whew.

We had a great time at Harding with my family and watching the fireworks.....even if it was only an hour. :)
Hope you all had a great holiday.

God Bless America and our Troops!!!

No comments: