Friday, February 15, 2008

Aye Aye Aye....Valentines Day.

Okay, most people love Valentine's Day. Ususally I do too. However, yesterday stunk. It started out with us rushing around because we slept in. Eventually, David got the girls off to school so I could shower and get ready for their parties. (Did I mention they were at the same time and in different rooms?) Anyway, I was supposed to stop at the balloon store and pick up a dozen balloons for Eden's teacher, Ms. Sally. However, as I was backing out of the garage door (that WAS open) the release handle got stuck in my luggage rack on the roof of my car. This in turn released the garage door onto the back of my car. And since I was already in a moving motion....I took the door with me....I was NOT a happy camper. I called David who just laughed at me. He got there just in time for me to steal his car (b/c mine was now stuck in the garage door) so I could go get those precious balloons. (David stayed behind so he could take the door off the track.) I did make it to school ...late. But I don't think either of the girls noticed. Whew.

The day did redeem itself as it went on. David sent me flowers and Eden did the funniest thing.

The girls got valentine's from David's mom. In it was a $10 bill for each of them. Well, we have been trying to teach the importance of giving money to God and saving money. Well Eden was all proud of her decision to save and give to God. She walked in and said "Mommy, I am going to give half to church and half to the bank." There she stands with half of a $10 bill in each hand and a HUGE smile. I just hugged her...today we will go by the bank and see if they will trade with us...maybe if I tell them the story they will have pity on us. :) I am so proud of her selfless spirit! (Tatum on the other hand wants to go straight to WalMart and spend hers...and probably some of mine too! :)) I love my kids.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I love this story. I was laughing so hard. I am very sorry about the garage door, but at least it was open. :)

I also love the story about Eden. What a thoughtful little sweetheart.